This Accounting Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Accounting Manager job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of our accounting department
- Establish and enforce proper accounting policies, principles, and methods
- Monitor and analyze accounting data for producing financial statements or reports
We are hiring a qualified Accounting Manager for providing financial, clerical and administrative services.
What does an Accounting Manager do?
We are hiring a qualified Accounting Manager for supervising, tracking and evaluating our company’s daily accounting activities. You will also develop and implement systems to collect, analyze, verify and report information. You will work with the company’s financial management so as to establish and promote the financial status of the company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a solid background in Accounting and prior experience in a relevant field.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as an Accounting Manager, Finance Manager or an Accounting Supervisor
- Experience with accounting software, databases and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of accounting as well as bookkeeping principles, practices, laws, standards and regulations
- Ability to supervise, lead and monitor the staff of Accountants
- Strong communication and management skills
- A keen eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of our accounting department including debt activity, fixed asset activity, check runs, account reconciliations, capital assets reconciliations, expenditure and revenue variance analysis, cash forecasting, treasury, budgeting, payroll and utilities, general ledger, cash receipts, accounts receivable/payable, and month-end/year-end processes
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting policies, principles, and methods
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data for producing financial statements or reports
- Assigning projects and directing staff for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations
- Meeting financial accounting goals and objectives
- Establishing as well as maintaining financial records and files for documenting transactions
- Coordinating and completing annual audits
- Providing recommendations to senior management
- Improving systems and procedures, and also initiating corrective actions