This Accounting Clerk job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Accounting Clerk job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Prepare general ledger postings, bank deposits, and financial statements
- Prepare, maintain, and evaluate accounting documentation and records, while also ensuring accuracy
- Provide clerical and accounting support to the company’s accounting department
We are hiring a qualified Accounting Clerk for providing financial, clerical, and administrative services.
What does an Accounting Clerk do?
We are hiring a qualified Accounting Clerk for performing various bookkeeping, financial and accounting tasks. You will keep and update financial records, prepare reports and reconcile bank statements. In addition to that, you will be using accounting software (e.g. SAP) for processing business transactions like expense vouchers, accounts payable/receivable, disbursements and receipts.
Your ultimate goal would be to ensure that our company’s accounting operations run efficiently and accurately.In order to succeed in this role, you must have a flair for numbers and must be familiar with the latest accounting procedures.
- At least an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as an Accounting Clerk
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Experience with databases and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Sound knowledge of maintaining spreadsheets for bulk data
- A keen eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Familiarity with record-keeping and filing tasks
- Data entry and data processing skills
- Well-organized with an aptitude for numbers
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Preparing general ledger postings, bank deposits as well as financial statements
- Preparing, maintaining and evaluating accounting documentation and records, while also ensuring accuracy
- Providing clerical and accounting support to the company’s accounting department
- Informing management by compiling and presenting summaries/reports
- Functioning in accordance with applicable laws, established standards as well as best practices
- Constantly updating job knowledge
- Reconciling accounts in an efficient and timely manner
- Entering daily financial transactions data in databases
- Researching, tracking and restoring financial documentation problems as well as discrepancies
- Providing support and assistance to company personnel