Program Director Job Description
Key Responsibilities of a Program Director:
- Initiate and set goals for various programs in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives
- Develop or approve budgets as well as operations
- Plan the programs throughout their life from conceptualization to completion including processes, milestones, and deadlines
We are hiring a Program Director for supervising a variety of programs of our company.
What does a Program Director do?
A Program Director supervises Managers and informs management on the performance and progress of a company’s ongoing programs. The ultimate goal of a Program Director is to ensure all programs are successfully delivered and add value to the company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a strategic mindset with the ability to lead, manage and develop various internal teams. In addition to that, you must possess a sound knowledge of all program management principles.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Initiating and setting goals for various programs in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives
- Developing or approving budgets as well as operations
- Planning the programs throughout their life from conceptualization to completion including processes, milestones, and deadlines
- Keeping upper management informed of the current status of programs using accurate and detailed reports/presentations
- Ensuring all activities and operations comply with internal policies as well as legal guidelines
- Reading reports which are written by Managers for determining progress and prospective issues
- Applying resource and risk management principles as needed
- Discovering ways for the purpose of enhancing productivity and efficiency of people and procedures
- Supervise all programs as well as the involved Project Managers
- Providing feedback to Project Managers and resolving complex problems in a timely manner
- Devising evaluation strategies for monitoring performance and for determining the improvement needs
- Prior experience as a Program Director
- Sound knowledge of all program/project management procedures
- Sound knowledge of performance management and evaluation procedures as well as key metrics
- Experience with data analysis, budgeting, and reporting
- Experience with program management software such as MS Project and Basecamp
- Extensive experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Strategic mindset with a sharp business acumen
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills