Program Director Job Description
This Program Director job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Program Director:
- Initiate and set goals for various programs in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives
- Develop or approve budgets as well as operations
- Plan the programs throughout their life from conceptualization to completion including processes, milestones, and deadlines
We are hiring a Program Director for supervising a variety of programs of our company.
What does a Program Director do?
A Program Director supervises Managers and informs management on the performance and progress of a company’s ongoing programs. The ultimate goal of a Program Director is to ensure all programs are successfully delivered and add value to the company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a strategic mindset with the ability to lead, manage and develop various internal teams. In addition to that, you must possess a sound knowledge of all program management principles.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Initiating and setting goals for various programs in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives
- Developing or approving budgets as well as operations
- Planning the programs throughout their life from conceptualization to completion including processes, milestones, and deadlines
- Keeping upper management informed of the current status of programs using accurate and detailed reports/presentations
- Ensuring all activities and operations comply with internal policies as well as legal guidelines
- Reading reports which are written by Managers for determining progress and prospective issues
- Applying resource and risk management principles as needed
- Discovering ways for the purpose of enhancing productivity and efficiency of people and procedures
- Supervise all programs as well as the involved Project Managers
- Providing feedback to Project Managers and resolving complex problems in a timely manner
- Devising evaluation strategies for monitoring performance and for determining the improvement needs
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Program Director
- Sound knowledge of all program/project management procedures
- Sound knowledge of performance management and evaluation procedures as well as key metrics
- Experience with data analysis, budgeting, and reporting
- Experience with program management software such as MS Project and Basecamp
- Extensive experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Strategic mindset with a sharp business acumen
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills