A Software Developer is a creative force behind computer programs of all kinds. They design and write the code used to build everything from operating systems to apps to video games. The demand for skilled Software Developers is growing at over 20% (even with all the low-code/no-code platforms) in the tech job market.
This template contains the job description, requirements, and responsibilities for the Software Developer job. You can modify them to fit your organization's unique needs.
Software Developer Job Description
We are hiring Software Developers who are proficient in algorithms, data structures, computer science, and operating systems.
Candidates must be well-versed in both the technical and design aspects of software projects based on industry specifications.
Certifications in Java or PHP are an extra advantage.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, information technology, or software engineering(nice to have)
- Proficiency in cybersecurity and open-source technology
- Ability to develop software through various coding languages like Java, C++, PHP
- Extensive experience in Windows, Powershell, and HyperV
What a day in the life of a Software Developer will look like?
- Work on Software Validation relating to Core Application/Base SW/Distributions of automotive IoT
- Perform test plan, test Creation, and Test Framework Integration
- Conduct Acceptance Testing, Automated Tests, Function Testing, Remote Monitoring
- Perform manual and automated End-2-End tests and system verification
- Provide support for product validation, prototypes, and MVPs
- End-to-end testing for the products, which includes the usage of hardware test setups
- Advise teams around testing and solving queries in an automotive IoT environment
- Design, develop and maintain tests as part of the product team, ensuring service quality and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the best test automation strategies
- Take an active role in daily scrums, weekly grooming sessions, etc
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a Software Developer?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Software Developers
- Hiring a Software Developer
- Software Developer Interview Questions
- Software Developer Skills Test
- How to hire a Software Developer
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the Software Developer role.
Go ahead and spotlight your Software Developer with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.