A Senior Software Developer is a programming ninja who seamlessly designs, codes, and tests a system. As a tech lead of the Software Development team, they also see patterns, advise the team on code quality and derive value from the suggestions, and report the same to the CTO.
With this Senior Software Developer job description, tech recruiters can source that 'software pro' who can drive innovation and scale system architecture. Let's explore ?
Senior Software Developer Job Description
We are hiring a Senior Software Developer who can lead a team of software engineers and take ownership of SLDC, end-to-end.
As 'software architects', candidates must be highly knowledgeable in agile methodologies and scrum practices.
Certifications from Azure, Salesforce, Redhat, Oracle, and Microsoft are a bonus!
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, software engineering, or information technology (nice to have)
- Skilled in system analysis and specifications for proving scalable software solutions
- Pro in distributed systems design and clean coding
- Ability to configure CI/CD pipelines for automating code reviews
- Emotional intelligence and attention to detail
What a day in the life of a Senior Software Developer will look like?
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices, and DevOps trade-offs
- Proficiency with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Vast experience in high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Successful track record in quality software products development and shipping production-ready software
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for the existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Extensive knowledge of C# using Visual Studio using Webforms, MVC, and Entity Framework
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required
- Strong ability to use version control software such as GIT and SVN
- Experience in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) and/or server-side Java programming
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a Senior Software Developer?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Senior Software Developers
- Hiring a Senior Software Developer
- Senior Software Developer Interview Questions
- Senior Software Developer Skills Test
- How to hire a Senior Software Developer
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the Senior Software Developer role.
Go ahead and spotlight your Senior Software Developer with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.