This Senior Copywriter job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
- Write original content for social media and ads
- Edit and review content generated by Junior Copywriters
We are hiring a qualified Senior Copywriter for leading our content marketing operations.
What does a Senior Copywriter do?
A Senior Copywriter writes slogans and original sales content for advertisement purposes, edits and publishes content written by Junior Copywriters, and maintains brand consistency throughout all online channels. The ultimate goal is to create informative and compelling content about the products/services of a company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have prior experience in content creation and a portfolio of past published works.
Senior Copywriter Job Responsibilities
- Researching topics related to industry and also identifying areas for improvement in our existing content
- Preparing and publishing articles about our company’s products and services
- Writing original copy for social media and ads
- Editing and reviewing content generated by Junior Copywriters
- Monitoring content-related metrics (e.g. web traffic, conversion rates, etc.)
- Ensuring that our content is updated with the latest company news
- Creating as well as overseeing weekly/monthly reports on content
- Interviewing internal teams, clients, and industry experts for a better understanding of our products
- Liaising with Designers for enriching text with visual aids (e.g. images, charts, etc.)
- Shaping tone and language for usage in brochures, banners, and sales emails
- Using SEO practices for the purpose of optimizing articles and increasing their search rankings
Senior Copywriter Job Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism, or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Product Copywriter, Senior Copywriter, or a similar role
- A portfolio of published works
- Exceptional writing as well as editing skills
- Ability to create small creative texts (e.g. social media posts) as well as large content pieces (e.g. product descriptions)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Experience with keyword research and content optimization
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- An analytical mind with a keen eye for details
Glider AI Senior Copywriter Salary
The average salary for a senior copywriter is estimated to be $63,000 per year in the United States. With an additional pay of $5,600 per year, the total salary for a senior copywriter works out to a total of $68,600.