This Product Copywriter job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Write compelling and engaging content for describing products
- Create advertising content for banners and brochures
- Help design the company’s landing and copy pages for new products
We are hiring a qualified Product Copywriter for advertising our products by writing concise and compelling copy on our websites, sales emails, and brochures.
What does a Product Copywriter do?
A Product Copywriter creates content for advertisements, writes product descriptions and prepares material for promotional events. A Product Copywriter also ensures that a company’s marketing content for a product presents its brand in a compelling and engaging manner.
In order to be considered for this role, you must submit a portfolio of your past copywriting works.
- Writing clear and engaging content for describing products
- Creating advertising content for banners and brochures
- Helping design the company’s landing pages for new products
- Updating product descriptions on the company’s websites as well as other online pages as needed
- Applying SEO principles for the purpose of maximizing reach to the target audience
- Promoting the product on social networks
- Conducting competitive research for identifying the company’s weak as well as strong points
- Collaborating with designers for creating graphics that support text
- Ensuring that the company’s content presents the actual picture of the products and is also consistent with the brand
- Crafting sales pitches for attracting potential customers
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Product Copywriter
- A portfolio of copywriting samples and published articles
- Experience working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with keyword search methods as well as SEO tools
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies and online campaigns
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude