Application Developer Interview Questions
The role of an Application Developer is to work with different operating systems and programming languages to design functional programs. They understand the requirements of users and translate the same into workable programming codes to create software. If you are hiring an Application Developer, this post will help you identify qualified candidates.
Experience to look for:
- Cross-browser and cross-platform programming experience
If you are looking for a senior-level role, pick a candidate with good experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). For junior positions, a degree in Computer Science/Engineering with a relevant internship can be considered.
- Hand-coding HTML and CSS from scratch
- Macromedia Flash and ActionScript 1.0 (2.0 a plus)
- Proficiency with cross-browser/platform performance
As it is a technical role, make sure you give a written assignment to test the coding skills of candidates before proceeding towards the interview round.
Have a look at these Application Developer interview questions and use them to hire the best one for your company.
Skill-Based and Operational questions
- What features will you add to an application to make it faster?
- What steps would you take on discovering a feature that is making the application slow?
- Do you have an app idea that would interest our customers?
- What steps do you take to minimize the security risks?
- Which interface is the best for developing a user-friendly application?
- Elaborate the steps that you would take to transfer an application from one platform to another.
- Which programming language are you most familiar with?
- What is the difference between mobile and web applications?
- What is your area of expertise?
- Tell us one app designed by you that you are proud of. What was your role in the development team?
- Which is your favorite mobile application?
- Describe any creative side project completed by you.