A career as a DevOps tester is all about automating testing processes to ensure seamless and effective software delivery. They work in an Agile environment along with CI/CD principles.
Do not just hire a candidate, but design a DevOps Tester job description that tells you what you should look for specifically. Take a look at what our blog says.
DevOps Tester Job Description
We are hiring a DevOps Tester who is a pro in dynamic release cycles and upholds QA testing across all stages.
Candidates must be well-versed in test automation and test strategy besides exploring the test scope too.
Certifications from AT*SQA, AWS, CTF, CKA, and DCA are extra bonus!
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, software engineering, or information technology (nice to have)
- Proficient in automation frameworks and CI test tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- An attitude of a ‘test first’ approach rather than a ‘test at the end approach
- Familiarity with workflow visualization tools and business process maps as well
- Understanding of scrum, agile, and kanban methodologies
What a day in the life of a DevOps Tester will look like?
- Work on Software Validation relating to Core Application/Base SW/Distributions of automotive IoT.
- Perform test plan, test Creation, and Test Framework Integration
- Conduct Acceptance Testing, Automated Tests, Function Testing, Remote Monitoring
- Perform manual and automated End-2-End tests and system verification
- Provide support for product validation, prototypes, and MVPs
- End-to-end testing for the products, which includes the usage of hardware test setups
- Advise teams around testing and solving queries in an automotive IoT environment
- Design, develop and maintain tests as part of the product team, ensuring service quality and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the best test automation strategies
- Take an active role in daily scrums, weekly grooming sessions, etc
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a DevOps Tester?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI’s Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for DevOps Testers
- DevOps Tester Interview Questions
- DevOps Tester Skills Test
- How to hire a DevOps Tester
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the DevOps Tester role.
Go ahead and spotlight your DevOps Tester with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at email@example.com to help you access the hiring resources.