A DevOps Lead is critical in eliminating the silos between developers and operations. As seasoned professionals, they have the best cultural readiness, leadership, prior implementations, and the IT service management process.
When looking to hire one such talent, tech recruiters must have a curated DevOps Lead job description at their disposal. So, here we are to help you with the right resources. Go ahead.
DevOps Lead Job Description
We are hiring a DevOps Lead who takes complete ownership of Continuous Integration (CI) and deployment solutions for production applications across various sites/software.
As a collaborative role, candidates must identify and implement data storage schemas, interact with engineering teams for implementing the lifecycle infrastructure solutions
Certifications from AWS, CKA, DCA, Puppet, and Microsoft are a huge plus.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, software engineering, or information technology (nice to have)
- Proficiency in coding, testing, integration, and project management
- An agile mindset for implementing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) principles.
- Familiarity with DevOps philosophies like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Lean development, Splunk and XP
- Familiarity with cloud architecture, cloud computing, and virtualization
What a day in the life of a DevOps Lead will look like?
- Initiate and lead team discussions about Configuration Management, build and release architecture
- Design load balancing and clustering solutions as per architecture standards
- Work on complex, major, or highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects that require multiple areas of expertise
- Architect, develop, plan for, maintain and manage internal infrastructure and Configuration Management system for Secure Ops Test environment
- Develop scripts to automate building the infrastructure and software, create a release and build numbers, tag and branch code branches in the configuration management system, notify engineers of build problems and collect build metrics
- Maintain solution release notes and other collateral related to solution releases
- Gather, track, and supply all the tools that are required to develop and build a particular piece of software in order to reliably reproduce or maintain the solution after the initial customer release
- Develop automated software installers for various platforms in our solution
- Interact with key stakeholders to prepare Test Plan Automation
- Understand the Secure Ops Solution and its environment to develop an automation approach
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a DevOps Lead?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI’s Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for DevOps Leads
- DevOps Lead Interview Questions
- How to hire a DevOps Lead
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the DevOps Lead role.
Go ahead and spotlight your DevOps Lead with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.