CISO connects the business values of the organization with security-related compliances. The transformational role is extremely crucial for the implementation of ISO/IEC 27001 certification in the organization’s security landscape.
This template contains the CISO job description, requirements, responsibilities, and much more. You can modify them to fit your organization's unique needs.
CISO Job Description
We are hiring a chief information security officer who has a deep-dive experience in security operations, cyber risk, and intelligence, data loss and fraud prevention, forensics, and security architecture.
As the conscience of the company, CISO aspirants know that they must be the best in management, security operations, and a range of other skills to interact with other leaders at the C-suite level.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in Business Administration (MBA) or Information Security (nice to have)
- Strong hands-on experience in governance, risk, and compliance
- Familiarity with industry-level security benchmarks like NIST, ISO, SANS, CERT
- Proficiency in security automation, Secure SDLC, DevSecOps
- Cognoscenti in cyber intelligence and security architecture
- Superior ethos, communication, and leadership traits
- Stay abreast with current privacy concerns and regulations, GDPR, and similar compliances
What a day in the life of a Chief Information Security Officer will look like?
- Define, implement, and maintain corporate security policy and associated procedures
- Oversee the design, testing, and implementation of all IT Security solutions.
- Day-to-day control of the maintenance and monitoring of live production environments.
- Plan and execute necessary vulnerability audits, penetration testing, or forensic IT audits and investigations.
- Stay compliant with any related legislation, such as the Data Protection Act, ISO standards, or relevant government regulations.
- Conduct staff training in all the latest security awareness skills, checking associated protocols, methodologies, and procedures.
- Allocate budget and associated financial forecasts relating to IT, Data, and Information security.
- Liaise with CIO, senior-level directors, the organization’s board, managers, programmers, IT Security risk-assessment staff, and other key stakeholders.
- Supervise integration of new IT Systems Development with the organization’s overall IT, Data, and Information Security policies.
- Ensure favorable RoI in staff, hardware, software, and service providers.
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a CISO?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for CISO
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the CISO role.
Go ahead and spotlight your CISO with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.