Account Manager Job Description
This Account Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all the subjects of customer account management
- Negotiate contracts as well as agreements to maximize profits
- Building and retaining long-lasting relationships with clients
We are looking for an Account Manager who will be responsible for creating rapport with our clients and develop new business from existing clients.
What does an Account Manager do?
The Account Manager connects with key business executives, stakeholders and prepares sales reports. We expect you to work together with our sales team, meet quotas and keep our clients satisfied with our services.
- Build trusted consultant relationships with customer stakeholders, key accounts, and executive sponsors
- Talk about the monthly or quarterly progress of initiatives with internal and external stakeholders
- To ensure delivery of our solutions on time to the customers according to their needs and objectives
- Make reports on account status
- Cultivate new business with existing clients
- Track key account metrics such as quarterly sales
- Identify areas for improvement to achieve sales quotas
- Work together with sales team to analyze and grow opportunities
- Experience as Key Account Manager, Junior Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Account Manager or relevant role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good experience with CRM software such as HubSpot, Salesforce or Zoho CRM
- Ability to present, communicate and influence potential stakeholders at all levels of the company, including C-level and executive
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially in MS Excel
- Ability to handle multiple account management projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Exceptional abilities to negotiation and presentation
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions
- Qualification – Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field