Vice President of Marketing Job Description
This Vice President of Marketing job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Vice President of Marketing:
- Develop and implement an effective marketing plan for increasing brand awareness
- Set current as well as long-term targets/goals for the Marketing department
- Design and review the budget for the Marketing department
We are hiring a Vice President of Marketing for directing as well as overseeing the Marketing department of our company.
What does a Vice President of Marketing do?
A Vice President of Marketing is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a company’s marketing strategies in accordance with its goals. A Vice President of Marketing oversees all internal Marketing teams and reports directly to the CEO of the company. The ultimate goal is to ensure that all activities of a company’s Marketing department contribute to the long-term success of the company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a solid background in Marketing along with extensive experience in managing promotional projects, digital marketing campaigns and paid advertising techniques. In addition to that, you must have a highly professional attitude with the ability to shape the long-term strategic planning of the company.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Developing as well as implementing an effective marketing plan for increasing brand awareness
- Setting current as well as long-term targets/goals for the Marketing department
- Designing and reviewing the budget for the Marketing department
- Participating in the planning of company’s objectives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Tracking competitors’ activities
- Providing ideas and guidance for effectively organizing marketing events
- Forecasting the recruiting needs for the Marketing department
- Preparing regular reports on marketing metrics and also presenting them to the CEO
- Conducting market analyses for identifying opportunities and challenges for company’s growth
- Monitoring all marketing strategies and also improving them as needed
- Prioritizing marketing projects and also allocating resources
- Building relationships with stakeholders and media personnel through effective PR strategies
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Marketing Director, Vice President of Marketing or a similar senior role
- Proven past experience in developing and implementing effective marketing strategies/campaigns
- Experience of working with MS Office and CRM software
- Experience with a content management system is a plus (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and SEO principles
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Strategic mind with the ability to take risks and make difficult decisions