Marketing Consultant Job Description
This Marketing Consultant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Marketing Consultant:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies in accordance with the company’s objectives as well as budget constraints
- Conduct market research for identifying commercial opportunities and industry trends
- Study company operations and profile for understanding the marketing requirements
We are hiring a qualified Marketing Consultant for providing strategic advice and boosting the marketing efforts of our company.
What does a Marketing Consultant do?
A Marketing Consultant is responsible for organizing the marketing strategies as well as the marketing activities of a company. The ultimate goal is ensuring that a company’s marketing operations outperform its competition and also engage its customers.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of all day-to-day marketing activities along with strategic thinking qualities. In addition to that, you must also have excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic attitude.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies in accordance with the company’s objectives as well as budget constraints
- Conducting market research for identifying commercial opportunities and industry trends
- Studying company operations and profile for understanding the marketing requirements
- Monitoring marketing operations and analyzing results
- Preparing reports for business decisions and also suggesting improvements and ideas
- Directing marketing efforts by using effective techniques and tools
- Liaising with external vendors and marketing department
- Preparing detailed marketing plans and proposals
- Advising the management on communication, branding, positioning and other issues related to marketing
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Marketing Consultant
- Experience of working with MS Office and marketing tools (e.g. CRM software)
- Familiarity with content management systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of marketing practices, principles and regulations
- Sound knowledge of market research and data analyses methods
- Proficiency in English
- A strategic mindset with critical thinking abilities
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude