Market Research Analyst Job Description
This Market Research Analyst job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Market Research Analyst:
- Collect data about the marketplace, consumers, and competitors, and also transform it into valuable reports/presentations
- Understand company’s objectives and design surveys for the purpose of discovering potential customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using latest tools and techniques
We are hiring a Market Research Analyst for collecting statistical data by conducting customer preference surveys.
What does a Market Research Analyst do?
A Market Research Analyst supports a company in its decision-making processes regarding product design, pricing and promotion by carrying out accurate market research.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to collect and analyze data, trends, competition, and strategies. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Collecting data about the marketplace, consumers, and competitors, and also transform it into valuable reports/presentations
- Understanding company’s objectives and designing surveys for the purpose of discovering potential customers’ preferences
- Compiling and analyzing statistical data using the latest tools and techniques
- Providing competitive analysis reports on the market offerings of competitors, identifying market trends, setting prices for business models and establishing methods of operation
- Evaluating key data and program methodology for ensuring the accuracy of data
- Staying aware of market trends and other parties’ research for implementing best practices
- Interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations
- Using online catalogs and databases for market research
- Performing reliable and accurate market research and SWOT analysis
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Market Research Analyst
- Experience of working with MS Office, databases and statistical software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience with search engines, market research tools and web analytics, especially Google Analytics
- Familiarity with marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Sound knowledge of all data collection procedures (e.g. surveys, polls, online forums)
- Sound knowledge of data mining, modeling and warehousing
- Proficiency in English with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- An analytical mind with critical thinking skills