Junior Copywriter Job Description
This Junior Copywriter job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Junior Copywriter:
- Write and proofread blog posts/articles about the services and products of our company
- Create promotional content for social networks (e.g. online ads, brochures, and banners)
- Conduct basic keyword research for the purpose of SEO
We are hiring a qualified Junior Copywriter for promoting our services/products by writing advertisements and blog posts.
What does a Junior Copywriter do?
A Junior Copywriter conducts keyword and SEO research; writes promotional content for online ads and banners; and updates product descriptions. The ultimate goal of a Junior Copywriter is helping a company’s Marketing team in the creation of engaging content for the purpose of increasing its brand awareness.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have an academic or professional background in Marketing, past copywriting samples and a flair for words. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Writing and proofreading blog posts/articles about the services and products of our company
- Creating promotional content for social networks (e.g. online ads, brochures, and banners)
- Conducting basic SEO and keyword research
- Interviewing internal teams (e.g. salespeople and product developers) for learning about the features of company’s products
- Coordinating with designers for complementing text with graphics, charts, and images, as needed
- Submitting well-structured and comprehensive drafts to editors and senior copywriters within deadlines
- Updating existing content and blogs on the company’s web page
- Participating in campaigns for email marketing
- Implementing SEO practices for improving the search rankings of blog posts
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Junior Copywriter
- Copywriting samples, preferably a portfolio comprising of published articles
- Experience of working with MS Office
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of search engine optimization and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz and Keyword Planner)
- Ability to write product features/specifications in an informative and creative way
- Familiar with social media marketing (e.g. Facebook ads)
- Proficiency in English along with excellent writing as well as editing skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills