Content Editor Job Description
This Content Editor job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Content Editor:
- Update our social media and website with the latest content
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles written by content writers
- Write marketing copy and blog posts for the purpose of promoting our products/services
We are hiring a qualified Content Editor for researching, writing, proofreading and publishing our online content.
What does a Content Editor do?
A Content Editor produces a company’s monthly newsletter, fact-check writers’ work and also optimize online content for increasing user engagement. The ultimate goal is producing quality content that will increase audience engagement and boost the company’s brand awareness.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have experience in managing editorial calendars and a portfolio of your published articles. In addition to that, you must also have exceptional writing and editing skills needed for generating compelling content.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Updating our social media and website with the latest content
- Proofreading, re-structuring and editing articles that are written by content writers
- Writing marketing copy and blog posts for the purpose of promoting our products/services
- Monitoring user engagement and web traffic (e.g. bounce rates)
- Generating new ideas about industry-related topics
- Managing editorial calendar for ensuring timely publication
- Optimizing published articles using SEO techniques
- Collaborating with design and marketing teams for creating visual aids
- Crafting and sending our company’s monthly newsletter
- Interviewing industry professionals and using online sources for researching topics
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Web Editor, Content Editor or a similar role
- A portfolio of published works
- Experience of working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with keyword research and SEO principles
- Ability to perform while working within tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details