VP Talent Management Job Description
This VP Talent Management job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of VP Talent Management:
- Design and deliver training programs for employees (e.g. skill-based, management, individual, and team training etc.)
- Build succession plans
- Develop coaching and mentoring sessions for employees
We are hiring a VP Talent Management for helping us develop as well as retain talented and high-potential employees by shaping and implementing effective strategies.
What does a VP Talent Management do?
A VP Talent Management designs training programs for employees, crafts effective promotion processes and builds succession plans. The ultimate goal is to build a strong talent pipeline in accordance with our current and future recruitment needs as well as business objectives.
In order to succeed in this position, you must have sound knowledge of all recruitment phases along with a strategic mind needed for developing a skilled workforce.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Designing and delivering training programs for employees (e.g. skill-based, management, individual, and team training)
- Building succession plans
- Developing coaching and mentoring sessions for employees
- Overseeing sourcing, interviewing and hiring processes for ensuring that our company attracts and selects high-performing employees
- Providing guidance to team members for their development
- Performing compensation and benefits benchmark analyses
- Calculating employees’ engagement metrics (e.g. turnover rates, retention rates etc.)
- Organizing annual and quarterly sessions for the purpose of reviewing performance
- Managing and monitoring the department’s budget
- Defining the responsibilities of each position by creating organizational charts
- Conducting skills gap analyses for the purpose of determining personnel needs
- Boosting the morale of employees by implementing bonuses on the basis of performance
- Designing policies for employees’ promotion
- Discussing career-pathing options with talented and high-potential employees
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Relevant certification (e.g. SPHR/CIPD) is a plus
- Prior experience as a VP Talent Management
- Experience with implementing employees’ development and learning programs
- Experience with procedures for performance management
- Familiarity with Human Resources software and Candidate Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of all labor regulations
- Sound knowledge of all compensation/benefits packages
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to take quick decisions while working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills