Typist Job Description
This Typist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Typist:
- Transfer data from the hard form into digital format or into databases
- Transcribe documents from dictated tapes
- Take notes at meetings so as to create detailed texts
We are hiring a Typist for joining us and performing our typing as well as word processing activities.
What does a Typist do?
A Typist types company material and documents, including reports, policies, and correspondences. The ultimate goal is ensuring the documents of a company are accurate, updated, organized and accessible to its employees.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be able to accurately type documents within tight deadlines and also check them for spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. In addition to that, you must possess confidentiality to handle the company’s sensitive information.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Gathering as well as organizing typing material
- Transferring data from the hard form into digital format or into databases
- Transcribing documents from audio tapes
- Taking notes and creating detailed texts
- Scanning and printing files, as needed
- Maintaining the confidentiality of information according to our security policies
- Creating presentations as well as spreadsheets using data from different files
- Maintaining digital as well as physical filing systems
- Proofreading completed works for spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- At least a High School degree; additional certification or computer training is a plus
- Prior experience as a Data Entry Clerk, Data Entry Operator, Typist or a similar role
- Ability to type fast; experience with touch-typing systems is a huge plus
- Experience with optical scanners and data recorders
- Sound knowledge of word processing tools, databases, and spreadsheets, especially MS Excel
- Familiarity with usual office equipment (e.g. printers, fax machines etc.)
- English proficiency with the ability to identify spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
- A keen eye for details
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills