Translator Job Description
This Translator job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Translator:
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminologies
- Convert audio recordings and text from one language to another
- Ensure translated content conveys original tone and meaning
We are hiring an experienced Translator for interpreting audio/written pieces in different languages and translating them while ensuring their original tone, meaning and format do not change.
What does a Translator do?
A Translator reads, understands and translates content using special translation tools and dictionaries and also proofreads the translated pieces. The ultimate goal is providing high-quality translated content to a company that meets its requirements and helps it in reaching a broader audience.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be fluent in the respective language that you translate and must also possess a keen eye for details.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Reading given material and researching industry-specific terminologies
- Converting audio recordings and text from one language to another
- Ensuring translated pieces convey original tone and meaning
- Networking with language experts for staying aware of the latest translation tools as well as best practices
- Editing content with a keen eye toward retaining its original formats such as structure and font
- Following up with clients and team members for ensuring the translated content meets their requirements
- Proofreading translated content for spelling, punctuation and grammar accuracy
- Cross-referencing translation tools and specialized dictionaries for checking the translation quality
- Preparing subtitles for online presentations and videos
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics or a relevant field; additional certification is a plus
- Prior experience as an Interpreter, Translator or a similar role
- Fluency in the respective language as well as the native language
- Exceptional proofreading skills along with the ability to detect spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
- Experience with content editing and translation software
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills