Strategic Planner Job Description
This Strategic Planner job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Strategic Planner:
- Understand and shape the company’s mission as well as long-term business strategy
- Develop plans for analyzing business proposals and also implementing the planned strategies
- Research competition for identifying threats and opportunities
We are hiring a Strategic Planner for joining our company and assuming the responsibility for our all strategic planning initiatives.
What does a Strategic Planner do?
A Strategic Planner defines a company’s direction, develops plans for realizing its business objectives, allocates its resources appropriately and helps it maintain its competitive advantage. The ultimate goal is ensuring the survival and growth of a business by developing and implementing successful strategic plans.
In order to succeed in this position, you must possess exceptional strategic thinking, analytical and organizational skills. In addition to that, you must also have proven prior experience with business and market research operations.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Understanding and shaping the company’s mission as well as long-term business strategy
- Developing plans for analyzing business proposals and also implementing the planned strategies
- Constructing analytical and forecasts models
- Monitoring and analyzing market changes as well as industry trends
- Providing insight and support to significant organizational changes such as mergers and acquisitions and shifts in strategic focus
- Educating Senior Executives for helping them make effective decisions
- Assessing the strategic and operational performance of the company
- Aligning department goals, resource planning and other processes with company’s overall strategy
- Researching competition for identifying threats and opportunities
- At least a Master’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Business Administration or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Business Consultant, Strategic Planner or a similar role
- Sound knowledge of all business procedures and operations
- Sound knowledge of market research and data analysis procedures
- Analytical mindset with strategic thinking qualities
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills