Secretary Job Description
This Secretary job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Secretary:
- Answer phone calls, redirect them to relevant persons or take messages
- Manage the monthly/weekly/daily agenda as well as arrange new appointments and meetings
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, forms, and memos
We are hiring a competent Secretary for undertaking various administrative and clerical tasks so as optimize our office’s all workflow procedures.
What does a Secretary do?
A Secretary assists colleagues as well as Executives by planning their tasks and distributing relevant information. A Secretary is an integral part of a company’s workforce and acts as the reference point for all requests, issues or queries.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Answering phone calls, redirecting them to relevant persons or taking messages
- Managing the monthly/weekly/daily agenda as well as arranging new appointments and meetings
- Preparing and disseminating correspondence, forms, and memos
- Documenting expenses and also reporting on them
- Undertaking receptionist duties as needed
- Checking the availability of office supplies on a regular basis and also placing appropriate orders as needed
- Making travel arrangements
- Supporting and facilitating regular reports until their completion
- Developing and maintaining an efficient filing system
- Filing and updating contact information of suppliers, external partners, employees and customers
- At least a High School degree
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant, Personal Assistant, Secretary or a similar role
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all office organization as well as optimization techniques
- Professionalism and integrity
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and multitasking skills