Office Manager Job Description
This Office Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Office Manager:
- Organize office procedures and operations for the purpose of increasing work efficiency
- Schedule appointments and meetings
- Organize office layout as well as order office equipment and stationery as needed
We are hiring a qualified Office Manager for organizing and coordinating all administrative duties and creating a pleasant workplace environment ensuring the highest levels of organizational communication, effectiveness and safety.
What does an Office Manager do?
An Office Manager schedules appointments and meetings, greets visitors, makes arrangements for office supplies and provides administrative support to the employees of a company. The ultimate goal is ensuring the smooth operations by contributing to the improvement of overall procedures and daily activities.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have experience with office equipment and software (e.g. spreadsheets, databases, email tools etc.) along with the ability to timely and efficiently execute all administrative activities.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Assuming the responsibility for all office duties including supplies, maintenance, mailing, bills, equipment etc.
- Organizing office procedures and operations for the purpose of increasing work efficiency
- Scheduling appointments and meetings
- Organizing office layout as well as ordering office equipment and stationery as needed
- Maintaining the office in a presentable condition and arrange necessary repairs as needed
- Liaising with external vendors for security, cleaning and catering services
- Planning off-site and in-house activities (e.g. parties, conferences and celebrations)
- Addressing the queries of employees related to office management issues such as stationery, equipment, travel arrangements etc.
- Providing support to the office visitors
- Assisting with the onboarding of new hires
- Managing price and contract negotiations with vendors and service providers
- Managing office’s G&A budget and also ensuring timely and accurate reporting
- Partnering with Human Resources for updating and maintaining office policies
- Coordinating with IT department for identifying equipment needs
- Ensuring that all equipment is invoiced/paid in a timely manner
- At least a High School diploma; additional relevant qualification is a plus
- Prior experience as an Office Manager
- Sound knowledge of all office administration responsibilities, procedures, and systems
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Experience with office equipment and systems (e.g. printers, fax machines etc.)
- Sound knowledge of email scheduling software (e.g. Boomerang, Email Scheduler etc.)
- Excellent multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Creative mindset needed for bringing improvements
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills