Managing Director Job Description
This Managing Director job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Managing Director:
- Develop and execute business strategies for attaining the goals of shareholders as well as the board persons
- Provide strategic advice and an accurate market view to the Chairperson and the board
- Prepare and implement detailed business plans and facilitate achievement by planning market development activities and cost-effective operations
We are hiring a qualified Managing Director for controlling and overseeing our all business ventures, operations and people.
What does a Managing Director do?
A Managing Director is the Manager of the highest rank in a company and is responsible for its success and growth. A Managing Director ultimately ensures that a company achieves its short-term as well as long-term business goals and all operations remain compliant with company’s vision and strategy.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a strategic mindset with the ability to steer the company towards profitable ventures while also ensuring all operations comply with its long-term goals and vision. In addition to that, you must also possess strong crisis management skills needed to handle all problems a company may face.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Developing and executing business strategies for attaining the goals of shareholders as well as the board persons
- Providing strategic advice and an accurate market view to the Chairperson and the board
- Preparing and implementing detailed business plans and facilitating achievement by planning market development activities and cost-effective operations
- Analyzing problematic situations and providing solutions for ensuring company’s growth and survival
- Acting as the company’s public speaker or public relations representative for the purpose of strengthening its profile
- Reading all reports submitted by subordinate Managers for rewarding performance, preventing issues and resolving problems
- Delegating responsibilities to Executives, supervising their performance, and also providing motivation and guidance for driving maximum performance
- Overseeing the financial performance, business ventures and investments of the company
- Communicating and maintaining long-term relationships with authorities, shareholders and business partners
- Ensuring legal guidelines and company policies are communicated to every employee of the company, and also ensuring compliance with all operations
- At least a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Managing Director
- Proven prior experience of developing strategic business plans
- In-depth understanding of industry and market changes as well as the market factors influencing the company
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance, corporate law and performance monitoring procedures
- Sound knowledge of managerial practices and governance principles
- Exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills