Executive Secretary Job Description
This Executive Secretary job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Executive Secretary:
- Maintain the agenda of Executives and assist them in planning conferences, appointments, and board meetings
- Attend meetings and take minutes
- Receive, screen and redirect phone calls
We are hiring an Executive Secretary for joining us and supporting our Executives and Senior Managers with various administrative tasks.
What does an Executive Secretary do?
An Executive Secretary supports high-ranking officials by organizing and maintaining their schedule and assisting them with daily administrative activities. The ultimate goal is increasing the overall efficiency of a company by ensuring timely and efficient execution of the assigned administrative duties.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be diligent and competent in your work so as to efficiently support the Executives with various tasks and to allow them to focus better on their managerial duties. In addition to that, you must have excellent multitasking and time-management abilities.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Maintaining the agenda of Executives and assisting them in planning conferences, appointments, and board meetings
- Attending meetings and taking minutes
- Receiving, screening and redirecting phone calls
- Conducting research and preparing reports or presentations as assigned
- Maintaining paper as well as electronic records ensuring proper organization of information along with easy accessibility
- Monitoring office stock supplies and negotiating terms/contracts with suppliers for ensuring cost-effective orders
- Preparing financial statements or invoices and also providing assistance with bookkeeping
- Handling confidential documents while also ensuring their security
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for Executives
- Handling and prioritizing all incoming and outgoing correspondence (e.g. letters, emails, packages etc.)
- At least a High School degree; additional relevant qualifications are a plus
- Prior experience as an Executive Secretary or any other relevant role
- Experience with office management software such as ERP
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and office management practices
- Sound knowledge of reporting techniques and research methods
- Confidentiality and integrity with excellent negotiation abilities
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills