Document Controller Job Description
This Document Controller job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Document Controller:
- Copy, scan and store documents
- File documents in digital as well as physical records
- Review and update technical documents such as workflows and manuals
We are hiring a Document Controller for joining our team and assuming the responsibility of preparing, managing and filing the documentation of our projects.
What does a Document Controller do?
A Document Controller types contracts, archives files and manages the documentation of all projects of a company. A Document Controller also ensures that all employees have access to relevant documentation by maintaining transparent, updated and traceable documentation.
In order to succeed in this position, you must have prior experience of reviewing and managing technical documents.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Copying, scanning and storing documents
- Filing documents in digital as well as physical records
- Reviewing and updating technical documents such as workflows and manuals
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information (e.g. terms of the agreement)
- Preparing project reports as needed
- Retrieving files and documents on the requests of clients and employees
- Managing the documentation flow within the company
- Distributing project-related files to the internal teams
- Creating templates to be used in future
- Checking documents for accuracy and also editing them as needed
- At least a High School diploma; additional relevant qualifications are a plus
- Prior experience as a Document Controller
- Experience with databases and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of corporate and labor laws
- Sound knowledge of EDMS (Electronic Document Management Systems)
- Proficient editing and typing skills
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- A keen eye for details along with the ability to organize bulk data