COO Job Description
This COO job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of COO:
- Design as well as implement business strategies, procedures and plans
- Set goals for business growth and also for increasing employee performance
- Establish policies in accordance with company’s vision and culture
We are hiring an experienced Chief Operating Officer for securing our business functionality and driving sustainable and extensive growth.
What does a COO do?
A COO oversees all ongoing procedures and operations of an organization. A COO is second-in-command in a company and is responsible for increasing efficiency and growth of its business.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have extensive experience in a similar senior role along with excellent leadership skills needed to control the diverse business operations of an organization. In addition to that, you must have exceptional work ethics, a sharp business acumen and exemplary people skills.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Designing as well as implementing business strategies, procedures and plans
- Setting goals for business growth and also for increasing employee performance
- Establishing policies in accordance with company’s vision and culture
- Managing relationships with vendors and shareholders
- Participating in company’s expansion activities (e.g. corporate alliances, investments, acquisitions etc.)
- Assisting CEO with fundraising ventures
- Writing and submitting reports to the CEO regarding all important operations
- Analyzing and interpreting data/metrics for evaluating the performance of operations
- Leading employees for encouraging their dedication and for maximizing their performance
- Overseeing the work of Executives as well as company’s all day-to-day operations
- At least a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Chief Operating Officer or in any other senior role
- Experience in designing and implementing profitable business strategies
- Sound knowledge of performance management and corporate finance principles
- Experience with developing fundraising initiatives
- Sound knowledge of operation/performance and data analysis metrics
- Sound knowledge of diverse business functions (e.g. finance, PR, marketing etc.)
- A strategic mindset with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional management and organizational skills