Warehouse Manager Interview Questions
What is the role of Warehouse Manager?The Warehouse Managers are responsible for managing the overall operations of a warehouse. They maintain the proper record of inventory resting in the warehouse along with its timely and efficient dispatch. They are also responsible for maintaining the equipment of the warehouse as well as all built assets. Most importantly, they hire, schedule, coach and monitor the warehouse assistants and other staff. The role of a Warehouse Manager requires a diverse set of skills along with technical and non-technical knowledge. From operating a forklift to the handling of dangerous materials, good Warehouse Managers should know everything. They must also be aware of the shipping and transportation regulations imposed by the local as well as the International authorities. Above all, they must have a sound knowledge of the management techniques and principles. That’s why you should prefer the candidates having a Degree/Diploma in any of the management related fields such as Inventory Management, Facility Management, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, etc. But still, experience beats everything. So, prefer those candidates who have had any sort of warehouse management experience in past. Other than experience and education, make sure to evaluate the candidates for other management skills as well. The Warehouse Managers have to oversee a team of various personnel so they must have good leadership and communication skills. They must also have the ability to think under pressure and make quick decisions in case of emergencies. To assess the candidates for the above-mentioned qualities, we have put together the following Warehouse Manager interview questions. These questions will help you in the selection of the best person for this job.
Operational and Situational questions
- How do you keep the records of inventory tracking? Which software do you use and why?
- Suppose you have to hire a lot of people within an extremely short deadline. What would you do?
- How do you schedule the employee work shifts? Which scheduling software do you use? How well do you know Primavera and MS Project?
- How do you communicate with high executives and senior management in case of an emergency?
- Can you work with employees from varying backgrounds/cultures?
- Suppose a worker has not been working efficiently. How would you deal with him?
- What is your method of arbitration in case two of your employees develop a conflict?
- Have you ever made any wrong decision as a Warehouse Manager? How did you handle its consequences?
- What was the biggest problem you ever faced in your career? How did you resolve that?
- What was the maximum number of people you have ever managed in your previous jobs?
- Describe your primary responsibilities in your previous jobs as well as how you fulfilled them?
- Why do you want to work for this specific job position? Why do you think you can be a good Warehouse Manager?
- How do you keep yourself updated on the latest technical and professional knowledge?
- How do you maintain a warehouse and all the equipment present in it?
- What kinds of materials do we store in our warehouse? What are the requirements for storage of that specific material? Also, rate your knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.