Bank Interview Questions
Screening competent contenders for your bank? Here is a snapshot of Bank interview questions that will surely ease your task.
Jump to section:
Bank Interview Questions
Hiring for a bank is quite challenging. As the bank professionals will be responsible for daily banking operations, they must possess financial competency, strategic policies, and customer service skills.
For an entry-level bank teller profile, you should look for an applicant with strong communication skills. However, while hiring for senior level positions, candidates with a deep understanding of investments and bank procedures and cash-handling experience make the best fit.
The contenders who are detail-oriented, organized and able to explain financial matters clearly will stand out. Pay attention to those who are up-to-date with the latest industry developments.
Qualification to look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Accounting or a similar field
Skills to look for:
- Customer handling skills
- Finance and Accounting knowledge
- Analytical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skill
- Solid time management skills
- Communication skills
Experience to look for:
- Experience in handling investments and bank procedures
- Experience in navigating customers’ banking needs
Ask these potential interview questions to the candidates to ensure that you get the right fit for your organization.
For entry-level positions
- Mention some valuation methods along with their pros and cons.
- What are the basic documents required to open a bank account?
- How savings accounts differ from checking accounts?
- Define fiscal deficit and current account deficit.
- How would you handle a customer complaint?
- What are the risks involved in buying or selling a company and how they can be mitigated?
- What will you do if you do not know how to address a customer’s issue and a long queue of customers are waiting for service?
- Define Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
For senior level positions
- How will the interest rates change over the next six months? What do you think? Explain.
- What is your greatest professional success so far?
- Describe the process of approving or rejecting a loan request.
- What steps would you take to manage a company that is behind on its loan payments?
- Which sector you will currently choose to invest in and why?
- Mention the banking software systems you have used.
- Have you ever committed a mistake at work? How did you handle it?
- How will you handle the ethical dilemma at work?