This VP of HR job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Collaborate with senior management for crafting the organization’s vision and strategy
- Develop strategic HR policies and plans (e.g. recruitment, compensation, training etc.)
- Hire, guide and evaluate the performance of HR Executives
We are hiring a qualified Vice President of HR for directing and overseeing our HR plans in accordance with our mission and strategy.
What does a VP of HR do?
A VP of HR ensures the success of a company and its HR department by developing and promoting effective HR strategies as well as direct reporting on them to the company’s CEO.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional leadership, management, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. In addition to that, you must also have a solid background in HR with an extensive experience in a similar senior role.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Collaborating with senior management for crafting the organization’s vision and strategy
- Developing strategic HR policies and plans (e.g. recruitment, compensation, training etc.)
- Hiring, guiding and evaluating the performance of HR Executives
- Reporting performance to the CEO by using KPIs and business metrics
- Analyzing the success of HR operations
- Ensuring all procedures are in compliance with legal regulations
- Re-engineering processes for ensuring maximum efficiency
- Assuming responsibility for employee/labor relations with the management
- Taking initiatives for ensuring equality in the work environment.
- At least a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Relevant certification (e.g. SPHR/PHR) is a plus
- Prior experience as a VP of HR
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing effective HR strategies
- Experience with ERP software (e.g. SAP) and MS Office, especially Excel
- Sound knowledge of all HR processes (e.g. recruitment, talent management etc.)
- Sound knowledge of all labor laws and regulations
- Excellent leadership and management qualities
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills