This Senior Auditor job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Senior Auditor job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Plan and oversee the auditing process
- Supervise and guide the staff of Junior Auditors
- Perform effective risk and control assessments
We are hiring a qualified Senior Auditor for managing as well as controlling the auditing process of our company.
What does a Senior Auditor do?
You will be responsible for streamlining our financial operations and also for maintaining accuracy in them. In order to succeed in this role, you must be analytical, reliable and meticulous. You must also have sound knowledge of all auditing and risk management practices and excellent organizational skills.
In addition to that, you must be able to ensure that our financial operations are in compliance with the company’s standards.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience in auditing, preferably as a Senior Auditor
- Experience with accounting software and MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all auditing and control processes
- Sound knowledge of financial regulations as well as applicable laws
- Exceptional mathematical and computational skills
- Excellent leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Reliability and integrity
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- Planning and overseeing the auditing process
- Supervising and guiding the staff of Junior Auditors
- Performing effective risk and control assessments
- Ensuring the efficiency of internal controls
- Allocating appropriate responsibilities to team members
- Reviewing work for compliance and accuracy
- Completing audits in a timely manner and also submitting reports to the senior management
- Presenting audit results and finding ways for improvement
- Coordinating periodical audits to increase the efficiency of operations