Hiring a sales associate for your organization? Take heart of these operational as well as situational questions that will guide you to uncover the true potential of the candidates.
Sales Associate Interview Questions
Sales associates are known as the driving forces of the sales in retail stores. Pay attention to the candidates who are enthusiastic, inquisitive and have exceptional communication skills. Experience in sales is desirable but is not required for the one who has a passion for the sales. The responsibilities of sales associate include working closely with the customers to determine their needs and provide them with the effective solutions.
Qualifications to look for:
Skills to look for:
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service
Experience to look for:
Make sure you ask the contenders to demonstrate how they would sell the company’s products. By doing so, you will be able to assess the contenders’ ability to think under pressure.
Ask the following sales associate interview questions to know that an individual has expected skills and abilities.
Operational and Situational questions
- How would you answer the question about a product when you don’t know the answer?
- How would you handle a customer who is upset due to the shortage of product and they want it urgently?
- Have you ever used any retail software?
- What will you do on finding a customer stealing something or destroyed a piece of product?
- How will you explain the customer about temporary discounts?
- Suppose you are assigned with an important task, but at the same time customer asks you to help him in finding a gift from your store. What will you prioritize? Why? How will you handle the situation?
- Which of our product you would like to sell and why?
- How would you operate a cash register?
- How would you welcome the customers that enter the store?
- Mention the steps that you would take to close the store.
- How would you manage to give attention to the too many customers in the store?
- Explain the time you provided excellent customer service.
- Tell how did you resolve a conflict with a colleague? If any.
- Have you ever been in a feud with a customer? How did you deal with it?