Finding a potential candidate for the profile of Sales Assistant comes as a daunting task. Here are some important Sales Assistant interview questions that will help you find the perfect fit for your organization.
Sales Assistant Interview Questions
Sales Assistants are the individuals who work for the retail companies to check if the sales go smoothly. Packed with the exceptional communication skills and thorough understanding of your products, they are referred as a backbone of a retail store.
Qualifications to look for:
- Bachelor Degree in Sales, Business or any relevant field
Skills to look for:
- Understanding of basic skills experience
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills
Experience to look for:
- Cash Handling Experience
- Customer Service Experience
Being a retail employer, you might want a connoisseur for this job. Here are some Sales Assistant questions that will assist you in recruiting the right candidate.
Operational and Situational questions
- What are the different types of merchandise you have sold before?
- How would you tackle a situation when a customer attempts to merge two coupons that cannot be merged?
- Was there any situation when you recommended an approach to reduce cost, enhance efficiency and save time?
- What are the POS systems that you have used?
- What tactics you do you use to achieve the trust of your customer?
- Tell me about a time when you collaborated with a co-worker to solve a problem.
- How would you tackle downtime?
- Describe the way you greet customers at your store.
- What would you do with the person you caught while shoplifting in a store?
- Explain the time when you sought out a problem with an angry customer.
- What do you do to ensure that your customers are aware of sales and other special events?
- Was there any disagreement that occurred with your manager? How you resolved it?