Interviewing and hiring a relationship manager is one of the most intimidating tasks for a recruiter. Here, we present a list of relationship manager interview questions that will make the hiring process a lot easier.
Relationship Manager Interview Questions
A Relationship Manager is responsible for building and preserving trustworthy, long-lasting, and profitable relations with the clients and customers. He should be efficient enough to understand business and technical challenges that the clients face. A relationship manager must also identify the opportunities that can increase the sales of a company’s products and services.
While hiring a relationship manager make sure that the candidate has strong communication skills. An individual with creative ideas and problem-solving skills is a must for this profile. He should be smart enough to make a positive impression on the clients.
Qualification to look for:
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration
Skills to look for:
- Creative skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
Experience to look for:
- Experience in working with CRM
- Sales and Accounts management experience
Moreover, he should be efficient enough to understand business and technical challenges that clients face.
Judge the potential candidates with the help of carefully structured interview questions listed below.
Operational and Situational questions
- Suppose your long-term client complains about the recent increase in product prices and is about to end the deal. What actions will you take to retain him?
- Recall a time when you contacted a new client for the first time but unfortunately failed to influence him. What did you learn from that experience?
- What will be your response to a small client’s request for new features in a short time?
- A client offers double for providing certain additional features in the product. You know adding those features will boost the revenue at present but won’t be beneficial in the long run. What will you do?
- Are you familiar with using sales force or sales cloud? What other CRM software you’ve used?
- This profile requires contacting multiple clients on a daily basis. How will you manage to prioritize your clientele?
- What strategies will you use to convert a non-responsive customer?
- What are the most important features that must be highlighted in a presentation intended for managers and clients?
- What strategic techniques you have used so far to maintain lasting relations with clients?
- How will you keep a track of your work? What type of reports will you create and how often will you report to a manager?
- What was the most difficult sales task that you’ve have faced so far? What did you find most challenging and how did you overcome it?
- Meeting deadlines or high work quality – what do you value more? Why?
- Recall a time when you made a decision that cost you a client? What was the reason behind it and what did you learn?
- Describe a time when you had to face a difficult client? What action did you take to keep the client happy?
- Phone or email – how do you prefer to contact the clients?