This Receptionist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Greet and welcome visitors on their arrival
- Direct visitors/clients to the relevant person and department
- Answer, screen, and forward phone calls
We are hiring a Receptionist for managing our front desk and for performing various clerical and administrative tasks.
What does a Receptionist do?
A Receptionist acts as the first contact point for a company by welcoming guests and greeting visitors. A Receptionist also offers administrative support and coordinates all front-desk operations, from distributing correspondence to redirecting calls. The ultimate goal is to ensure the company’s front desk executes administrative tasks in the highest possible quality and also welcomes guests in a positive manner.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a customer-oriented pleasant personality along with the ability to tackle emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner. In addition to that, you must also possess stress management and multitasking skills along with the flexibility needed to work in shifts.
- Greeting and welcoming visitors on their arrival
- Directing visitors/clients to the relevant person and department
- Answering, screening, and forwarding phone calls
- Performing clerical duties (e.g. filing, transcribing, photocopying and faxing, etc.)
- Keeping up-to-date records of costs and expenses
- Arranging accommodations and travel, and also preparing vouchers
- Updating calendars as well as scheduling meetings
- Ordering supplies for the front office and keeping stock of inventory
- Maintaining the security of the office by ensuring the implementation of safety procedures pertaining to the reception desk (e.g. issuing visitors’ badges, monitoring logbooks, etc.)
- Providing accurate information by phone/e-mail or in-person
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing daily mail or deliveries
- Ensuring the reception area remains presentable and tidy, with necessary stationery materials (e.g. pens, brochures, forms, etc.)
- At least a High School degree; additional training/certification in Office Management is a plus
- Prior experience as a Front Office Representative, Receptionist or a similar role
- Experience with usual office equipment such as printers and fax machines
- Proactive and resourceful to resolve issues as they arise
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Pleasant and presentable personality with a professional attitude
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills