The role of a National Account Manager is strongly linked to the growth of the company. Ask these potential interview question while hiring for this profile to avoid picking a wrong candidate for this imperative profile.
National Account Manager Interview Questions
National Account Managers need to create sales strategies by coordinating with Area Managers, which further work parallel with business goals. These professionals are accountable for building profitable and long-term relationships with clients. The candidate with an ability to analyze performance metrics and set goals will make a good fit for this job.
Qualifications to look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
Skills to look for:
- Strong communications and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and strategic mindset
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Experience to look for:
- Experience in negotiating and meeting clients requirements
- Experience with CRM software
- Sales and customer service experience
These significant interviews questions will certainly ease your job of finding the potential candidate for this profile.
Operational and Situational questions
- Describe your management style
- How will you identify new sales opportunities for our company?
- What will you do if a store fails to achieve its monthly sales quota? Will you approach the Store Manager or communicate with the entire team?
- What approach do you follow to achieve your targets?
- What approach will you use to train a new member of your team?
- Have you ever had to take a tough decision quickly? How did you do that?
- Can you tell how frequently you have an interaction with the Area Managers?
- Are you comfortable with frequent traveling?
- Explain the CRM software that you are familiar with?
- Mention some employee performance review methods.
- What is the most challenging part of this job?
- What approach will you use to become successful in this field?
- How many accounts have you handled till now?
- Have you ever faced conflicts on your team? What was the cause and how did you handle the situation?
- How do you cope with this quota-driven and stressful job?
- What will you do to motivate your team?