This Network Technician job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Network Technician job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
The primary job role of a Network Technician is to:
- Design and install functional computer networks, cabling, and connections
- Troubleshoot system issues and also identify bottlenecks for ensuring long-term network efficiency
- Keep network’s software, hardware and peripheral devices in a perfect condition
Network Technician Job Description
We are hiring a Network Technician for undertaking various tasks related to network operation and maintenance. You will also be responsible for designing and sustaining functional and reliable networks so as to ensure their optimum performance.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have an analytical mind along with a passion for technology. Secondly, you must have sound knowledge of operating network and troubleshooting issues in it. So, if you like to work in a challenging environment, and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Prior experience as a Network Technician or a related position
- Relevant certifications such as CCENT/CCNA
- Experience in using all network-related software and hardware
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, network technologies, and LAN/WAN networks
- Sound knowledge of all diagnostic and troubleshooting procedures
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Designing and installing functional computer networks, cabling, and connections
- Troubleshooting system issues and also identifying bottlenecks for ensuring long-term network efficiency
- Keeping network’s software, hardware and peripheral devices in a perfect condition
- Inspecting LAN infrastructure and fixing minor/major problems and bugs
- Regularly backing up data for the purpose of protecting organization’s information
- Organizing and scheduling maintenance and upgrades without disturbing the users
- Evaluating network performance on a regular basis and also finding ways for improvement
- Providing technical assistance to co-workers on network and system usage by offering detailed instructions