This HR Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Prepare and review packages for compensation and benefits
- Administer insurance programs
- Implement development and training plans
We are hiring an HR Specialist for joining our department and monitoring all HR functions.
What does an HR Specialist do?
An HR Specialist maintains updated records of employees, sets up company policies and prepares packages for compensation and benefits. The ultimate goal is to maintain a healthy workplace environment and to ensure the HR operations of a company run smoothly.
In order to succeed in this position, you must have a sound knowledge of all labor regulations as well as of full-cycle recruiting.
- Preparing and reviewing packages for compensation and benefits
- Administering insurance programs
- Implementing development and training plans
- Staying aware of labor legislation changes and also ensuring compliance with them
- Processing the queries of employees and also responding to them in a timely manner
- Monitoring department budgets
- Developing and implementing HR policies of the organization
- Forecasting staffing needs and also ensuring that the recruitment processes run smoothly
- Maintaining detailed job descriptions, salary records and organizational charts
- Updating the records of employees with the latest information (e.g. changes in employment status)
- Informing employees about the additional benefits they are eligible for (e.g. extra vacation days)
- Planning annual and quarterly sessions for the purpose of reviewing performance
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as an HR Generalist, HR Specialist or a relevant role
- Experience with HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems), especially PeopleSoft and BambooHR
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Sound knowledge of payroll process and labor legislation
- Sound understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional team management and problem-solving skills