This Help Desk Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Manage the team of Help Desk Technicians and also evaluate their performance
- Ensure high-quality and timely customer service
- Recruit, train and support Help Desk Technicians as well as Representatives
We are hiring a qualified Help Desk Manager for joining our team and managing all of our help desk operations.
What does a Help Desk Manager do?
A Help Desk Manager leads the technical support team of a company for resolving all technical problems. The ultimate goal is to ensure client satisfaction by providing timely technical support as well as exceptional customer service.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to keep your team motivated at all times and quickly resolve all technical problems. In addition to that, you must have a technical background along with prior experience in customer service or technical support.
- Managing the team of Help Desk Technicians and also evaluating their performance
- Ensuring high-quality and timely customer service
- Recruiting, training, and supporting Help Desk Technicians as well as Representatives
- Providing feedback to internal teams (e.g. Product Developers)
- Developing monthly, weekly and daily reports on the productivity and performance of the help desk team
- Following up with the customers for identifying improvement areas
- Establishing best practices throughout the technical support processes
- Setting specific standards for ensuring quality customer service
- Contributing to the improvement of customer service by handling complaints and responding actively to the customers’ queries
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Help Desk Manager
- Experience with remote control and help desk software
- Technical background combined with the ability to guide non-technical customers/audience
- Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional team-management and organizational skills