Need a potential Field Sales Representative to maximize profits for your company? These interview questions will help you get the best fit for your organization.
Field Sales Representative Interview Questions
Managing and negotiating with clients and generating leads to increase income and revenue of a company are some of the key responsibilities of a Field Sales Representative. They are also accountable for ensuring a smooth sales process by achieving sales quotas.
You need to screen a passionate Field Sales Representative who is goal driven and possess excellent negotiation skills.
Qualification to look for
Skills to look for:
- Sharp sales chops
- Customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time management skills
Experience to look for:
Identify the potential salesperson using these operational, situational and behavioral interview questions.
Operational and Situational questions
- What did you learn from your mistakes in the previous Field Sales Representative job?
- Are you ready to face upcoming challenges in this Field Sales Representative job?
- What makes you different from the other candidates who are working in this area?
- What do you find most rewarding about being in sales?
- How influential is the social media in the selling process?
- What made you get into sales?
- Describe the techniques you will use to make a client work with our organization for a longer period?
- Describe any three practical ideas that are helpful in increasing our market share?
- Mention any five tools that are best for forecasting sales trends?
- How will you identify customer needs and inform a company about this?
- What is your unique selling point?
- How will you sell yourself to our company?
- What do you feel about coming out of your comfort zone for the company’s benefit?
- Are you aware of using CRM software?
- Will you use the same approach for both short and long sales cycle? Why?
- What motivates you?
- How do you research sales prospects?
- If we hire you, what will you do in first three months to improve the organization’s sales situation?
- Are you willing to travel frequently for business meetings?
- What are the skills in which you lack and want to learn?
- Have you ever failed to achieve a high sales target? Why did it happen and what did you learn from it?