Ask the below-given Contract Administrator interview questions during the recruitment process to assess and choose qualified candidates for the open positions.
Considerations for Hiring a Contract Administrator
Contract Administrators make, edit and discuss company contracts like business partnerships, employment, purchases, and sales.
It is important to find a Contract Administrator who is reliable and has strategic thinking. It is crucial to prepare error-free contracts because even the smallest of mistakes can create serious problems for the company. Include an assignment in your recruitment process to know more about candidates’ approaches in preparing and reviewing contracts.
Even though not mandatory, prospective hires with legal certification should be given preference. Depending on your industry, prepare your interview questions according to the essential skills—test candidates’ knowledge of relevant legislation. A knowledgeable and skilled candidate can explain legal requirements and determine the potential risks of specific contract terms.
- How do you stay updated about legislative changes in your field?
- Tell me about a time when you have to describe difficult contract terminology to your client. How did you ensure they are okay with all the terms?
- Share your experience of negotiating contract terms. How do you ensure both parties are okay with the agreement terms?
- Have you ever missed a deadline? What went wrong and what did your seniors advise you?
- Do you have any experience in monitoring future expenses of a contract? How do you do it?
- How do you prioritize your work when working on multiple contracts at a time?
- How do you keep track of deadlines?
- What is the best way to file updates to contracts?
- How do you arrange physical records of contracts?
Operational and Situational Questions
- You find an error in a contract we have used for many years, but revealing it will lead to a penalty. What would you do?
- How would you search for an old contract in the digital database when you don’t even know the file's name?
- How can you ensure the confidentiality of both physical and digital contracts?
- If a business associate doesn’t honor a contract agreement, what would you tell them?