Searching for a passionate Business Development Representative? This position is quite important as the person in this job is responsible for enhancing sales and accomplishing business growth. Therefore, you have to invest substantial time along with some efforts to find a competent candidate for your organization.
Business Development Representative Interview Questions
A Business Development Representative works with the sales department of a company. They identify and build new business opportunities for their organization. It involves finding new clients for existing applications of the company’s products and services and also finding entirely new clientele for the company.
The day-to-day job responsibilities of a Business Development Representative depends on their familiarity with the company’s current client base. These professionals should know the company’s marketplace and practice to become familiar with similar potential clients who are not dealing with their company currently.
Qualifications to look for
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields
Skills to look for
- Good communication skills
- Ability to make presentations
- Strong computer knowledge
- Effective time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have an extremely analytical approach
Experience to look for
- Experience in Marketing field is a must
Operational and Situational questions
- Besides cost-reduction, what strategies you will use to raise company profits?
- Explain the situation when you lost a client and reason behind it?
- What have you done to enhance your knowledge as a Business Development Representative?
- Being a business development manager, how you will evaluate the most strategic deals to pursue?
- Why do you find business development an enjoyable and interesting job?
- Will you leave our company, if any other company will hire you for more salary?
- What strategies will you use to accomplish a target of 1 lakh?
- What are the three important factors that will assist you in evaluating a deal?
- What is your experience with CRM tools?
- Explain your previous work experience.
- What makes you interested in the role of Business Development Representative?
- Have you ever had an issue with your boss regarding the business strategies? How did you handle it?
- What major challenges do you face as a Business Development Representative?
- Are you willing to work under pressure, for instance, dealing with different clients at a time?
- According to you, what is the most challenging task in the process of selling a product?