This Bookkeeper job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Bookkeeper job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Record daily financial transactions as well as complete the posting process
- Bring books to the trial balance stage
- Enter data, maintain records and launch financial statements and reports
We are hiring a qualified Bookkeeper for maintaining the financial records of our company including purchases, receipts, sales, and payments.
What does a Bookkeeper do?
You will also be responsible for managing payments and invoices, processing accounts receivable and payable, ensuring compliance with legal requirements, and creating and analyzing financial reports while working with our accounting team. Your ultimate goal would be to record our company’s daily transactions efficiently and accurately.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a solid background in Finance or Accounting along with an in-depth knowledge of accounting software like Kashoo, KashFlow, and FreshBooks.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a Bookkeeper
- Experience with calculating, posting and managing financial records and accounting figures
- Experience with proprietary software and spreadsheets
- Sound knowledge of accounts receivable/payable and bookkeeping principles as well as best practices
- Data entry and mathematical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in MS Excel
- Exceptional negotiation and customer service skills
- A high degree of accuracy and a keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Recording daily financial transactions and also carrying out the posting process
- Verifying that every transaction is recorded in the correct supplier’s ledger, general ledger, customer ledger and day book
- Processing accounts receivable and payable and also handling payroll in an efficient manner
- Entering data, maintaining records and launching financial statements and reports
- Bringing books to the trial balance stage
- Performing partial checks of the posting process
- Completing tax forms