Hiring Administrative Officer for your company? Use this sample of Administrative Officer interview questions to get a fuller picture of the candidate, and make smarter hires.
Administrative Officer Interview Questions
The smooth run of the office work relies on the administrative Officers. Organizing company filing systems, managing supplies stock and preparing reports are some of the crucial tasks of an administrative officer.
Screen for professionals who take the initiative and seek ways to perk up daily operations. Candidates who can be the point-of-contact for all employees are best to hire. Look for highly-organized people with multitasking ability.
Ask this administrative officer interview questions to analyze how the candidate will deal with stressful situations and meet deadlines. Include a test to weigh up the skills in MS Word and MS Excel, or other programs if possible.
Operational and Situational questions
- What goals do you have in your life? How would you gauge your quarterly or annual performance?
- Suppose your manager asks you to book a room for a meeting with a client but you forgot. Five minutes before the appointment you realize there is no room available. How would you tackle such situation?
- Can you suggest some office policies that need to be implemented?
- How would you ensure the confidentiality of important company files?
- What would you do to keep track of supplies stock? What spreadsheets would you create?
- What is your morning routine at work?
- Do you use calendar application to organize your schedule? If so, how is it beneficial to you?
- What would you do to ensure the accuracy of the expense reports?
- Mention some of the software programs that you use every day.
- What would you do to keep digital and physical records organized?
- Have you ever come up with a new way to save time at work? What was it?
- How do you motivate yourself to stay productive during repetitive work?
- What would be your approach to prioritize multiple requests from employees at the same time?
- Have you ever had a team with a difficult coworker? If so, how did you collaborate?