Seeking a proficient Account Manager who can handle your sales? It is important that you hire an Account Manager for your organization very carefully. Are you interviewing candidates for the profile of Account Manager in your company? If you want to hire the best candidate for this challenging position, you must be familiar with the most important interview questions as listed below:
Account Manager Interview Questions
An Account Manager manages company’s sales and long-term relationships with particular clients, connecting them with key business executives and stakeholders. They are responsible for liaising with clients and internal teams within the company to make sure of timely and successful service delivery according to customer needs.
Undeniably, the job of an Account Manager comes with a lot of duties and responsibilities. Hence, it is important to invest sufficient time and efforts in hiring only the best candidate for this crucial position.
Qualifications to look for
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty
- MBA in accounting, economics or finance (optional)
Skills to look for
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience to look for
- At least 3- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
We have compiled important Account Manager interview questions that will help in assessing the core attributes of an aspiring candidate.
- What makes an ideal Account Manager?
- What do you do to increase revenues in a company?
- What makes an effective marketing analysis?
- How do you deal with dissatisfied clients?
- Are you comfortable with making cold calls?
- How will you deal with a long-term client behaving unreasonably?
- It is said that patience and smile are two important aspects of a sales job. What is your opinion?
- Being a manager, how will you handle your subordinates?
- How do you stay motivated for your day-to-day tasks?
Role Specific questions
- Share any one incident when you failed to meet your company’s goal?
- Have your decisions even been challenged by your senior or colleague?
- What will you do to motivate your team to give their best?
- Describe the situation when you were able to satisfy an aggressive and dissatisfied customer?
- What can you do for our organization that no one else can do?
- Have you ever improved upon a company’s process? Explain how.