Benefits Administrator Job Description
This Benefits Administrator job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Benefits Administrator:
- Design benefit programs (e.g. wellness, insurance etc.)
- Evaluate and negotiate benefits packages with insurance companies and service providers
- Ensure monthly premiums’ payment in a timely manner
We are hiring a qualified Benefits Administrator for managing our benefits programs for the employees of our company.
What does a Benefits Administrator do?
A Benefits Administrator manages and clears all benefits programs from retirement to leave of absence plans. The ultimate goal is ensuring employee satisfaction and retention by correctly and timely processing, managing and distributing benefits to them.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of all benefits packages as well as their terms and conditions. In addition to that, you must also be communicative, efficient and able to handle confidential financial information.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Designing benefit programs (e.g. wellness, insurance etc.)
- Evaluating and negotiating benefits packages with insurance companies and service providers
- Ensuring monthly premiums’ payment in a timely manner
- Collaborating with the accounting team for ensuring accurate payments/deductions
- Informing employees about their benefit plans, packages and options
- Updating employees’ records with relevant information (e.g. marital status, hours worked, years of service etc.)
- Coordinating leaves of absence and processing claims/requests (e.g. worker’s compensation, medical operations etc.)
- Handling all processes related to benefit compensation as well as reimbursement
- Managing enrollments and also determining employees’ eligibility for various benefits programs
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Benefits Administrator
- Experience with ADP HR Management
- Experience with MS Office and HRMS systems, especially Oracle
- Sound knowledge of various benefits plans (e.g. retirement and health insurance etc.)
- Sound knowledge of data analysis and recording practices
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential financial information
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details