This Budget Analyst job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Review funding requests and budget proposals
- Submit budget recommendations to senior management for approval/rejection
- Conduct cost/benefit as well as other similar analyses
We are hiring a qualified Budget Analyst for helping us effectively plan our company’s budget as well as our budget utilization.
What does a Budget Analyst do?
A Budget Analyst conducts reviews of data analyses and budget proposals for the purpose of determining the correct funding allocation. The ultimate goal of a Budget Analyst is organizing the finances and ensuring the growth and profitability of a company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional mathematical skills and the ability to think critically. In addition to that, you must also have exceptional writing and communication skills, and a keen eye for details.
- Reviewing funding requests and budget proposals
- Submitting budget recommendations to senior management for approval/rejection
- Conducting cost/benefit as well as other similar analyses
- Overseeing expenditure and identifying trends in budget spending
- Making forecasts for the company’s future budgeting needs
- Suggesting improvements for increasing profits (e.g. resource leveling, spending cuts etc.)
- Preparing periodical as well as special reports for senior management
- Explaining and defending recommendations to stakeholders as well as senior management
- Collaborating with various departments for developing a final and consolidated budget
- Ensuring the company’s budget is in compliance with the legal regulations
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a Budget Analyst
- Experience working with accounting and budgeting software
- Experience with databases and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of forecasting and data analysis methods
- Sound knowledge of budgeting procedures, requirements, and regulations
- Ability to present information by using visual aids, and experience with graphics software is a plus
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude