This Accounting Supervisor job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Accounting Supervisor job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Oversee daily transactions, bank reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, and general ledger
- Participate in regular payroll as well as tax audits
- Prepare budgeting and forecast reports
We are hiring a qualified Accounting Supervisor for providing financial, clerical and administrative services.
What does an Accounting Supervisor do?
We are hiring a qualified Accounting Supervisor for overseeing the daily operations of our accounting department. You will be responsible for managing all financial processes including tax audits, bank reconciliations and accounts receivable/payable. Your ultimate goal would be to ensure accuracy and efficiency in our financial management.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to solve problems and lead our company’s accounting team. You must also possess the ability to develop detailed financial forecasts and reports by using your excellent analytical skills.
Accounting Supervisor Job Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CMA)
- Prior experience as an Accounting Supervisor
- Experience of working with MS Office and accounting software (e.g. Zoho and FreshBooks)
- Expert-level knowledge of MS Excel, especially advanced formulas, charts and spreadsheets
- Sound knowledge of accounting as well as bookkeeping procedures, principles, and regulations
- Ability to manage and process a large volume of data within tight deadlines
- Ability to break down and distribute work
- Strong management and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail along with a high degree of accuracy
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
Accounting Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Overseeing daily transactions, bank reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, and general ledger
- Participating in regular payroll as well as tax audits
- Preparing budgeting and forecast reports
- Tracking the progress of accounting and financial objectives
- Establishing accounting procedures and policies in accordance with the targets of the company
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulations and as well as the state laws
- Managing month-end/year-end closing
- Monitoring the day-to-day performance of the company’s accounting department
- Organizing financial data into valuable information and also maintaining updated records