Social Media Manager Job Description
This Social Media Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Social Media Manager:
- Set social media marketing objectives and report on ROI
- Design and implement social media marketing strategy in accordance with the business goals
- Perform research on audience preferences and current benchmark trends
We are hiring a qualified Social Media Manager for administering our company’s social media pages, ensuring the highest level of customer engagement and web traffic.
What does a Social Media Manager do?
A Social Media Manager creates original content (e.g. text, audios, videos), manages posts and responds to followers. A Social Media Manager manages a company’s online image, ultimately helping it in achieving its marketing goals.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be aware of the latest social media trends and digital technologies. In addition to that, you must also have exceptional communication skills along with the ability to creatively express our brand message.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Setting social media marketing objectives and report on ROI
- Designing as well as implementing social media marketing strategy in accordance with the business goals
- Performing research on audience preferences and current benchmark trends
- Staying aware of latest social media trends, digital marketing technologies, and tools
- Suggesting and implementing new features for increasing brand awareness (e.g. promotions, competitions)
- Overseeing the designs of social media pages (e.g. blog layout, Facebook covers and profile pictures)
- Communicating with followers, monitoring customer reviews and responding to the queries in a timely manner
- Collaborating with customer service, sales, and marketing teams for the purpose of ensuring brand consistency
- Monitoring web traffic and SEO traffic metrics
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing attractive content (e.g. text, news, photos, and videos) on a daily basis
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Social Media Manager
- Experience of working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with content management systems is a plus
- Exceptional copywriting and content creation skills
- Ability to generate creative and engaging content (e.g. text, images, videos)
- Sound knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, and keyword research
- Sound knowledge of various digital marketing channels
- In-depth understanding of web design
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with multitasking skills