Email Marketing Manager Interview Questions
Use the below-given Email Marketing Manager interview questions to assess a candidate. Tailor these questions according to the skills and approach you are looking for.
Operational and Situational questions
- We want to increase our newsletter subscribers, what would you suggest?
- Why do emails end up in the spam folder? How can you avoid that?
- What things do you keep in mind when writing an email to past customers in order to generate their interest again in the brand’s product or services?
- Who do you think is our target audience and what types of email will be best in attracting them
- Say, our competitor mocks our products online in order to promote his own, what would do you? How would you respond?
- We are planning to launch a new product or service. Give me at least 5 effective email subject lines.
- How do you optimize your emails for mobile devices?
- What are the key email marketing metrics that matter?
- What does time-on-page metric for emails suggest
- Name the email tracking tools that you use.
- How do you determine the best time to send sales emails?
- What things do you keep in mind when proofreading content for accuracy and understandability?
- According to you which are the most useful Google Analytics reports?
- What techniques do you use to stay upbeat with the latest marketing tools?
- What do you dislike about sales emails you get as a potential client? Why?
- What do you know about A/B tests?
- Tell me about your most successful email marketing project till date. What was your role in it?
- Tell me about a marketing campaign that failed. What according to you went wrong?